Sheet Pan Dinners
Oct. 3, 2017, noon
The object of this lesson is to teach you how to make a complete dinner on a sheet pan. Here are some things you need to know:
1. I like to cover my sheet pans with parchment paper. Aluminum has been shown to be connected with breast cancer and Alzheimer's so I don't like to cook on aluminum sheet pans without parchment. If your sheet pans are stainless steel you don't have to worry about that.
2. You can get half sheet pans and lots of other kitchen equipment at AceMart Restaurant Supply. There are many locations. I buy parchment paper there, tongs, leftover containers, etc. Love this place!
3. You can use any kind of meat (even meatloaf) and any kind of vegetables your family likes.
Here are some combination ideas:
- Roast whole chicken, Hasselback potatoes (remember we did these last year), zucchini
- Meatloaf, green beans, red potatoes
- Salmon, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes
- Pork tenderloin, asparagus, broccoli
- Chicken thigh...
Sept. 19, 2017, noon
In the Fall, I think of apples. I usually try to teach some recipe that includes apples. Plus, apple pie is definitely a comfort food and we need that right now.
This recipe is from Barefoot Contessa and I have made it over and over using different kinds of fruit. Enjoy!
For the crust:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated or superfine sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 pound (1 stick) very cold unsalted butter, diced
2 tablespoons ice water
1 refrigerated pie crust
For the filling:
1 1/2 pounds apples (3 large)
1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup granulated or superfine sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter, diced
For the pastry, place the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor...
Next Week in Divine Design - Apple Crostatas
Sept. 14, 2017, 3:54 p.m.
Fall is here no matter what the weather temperature is. Fall makes me think of apples. I make this apple crostata all the time. It is so easy and delicious.
Watch your email for what to bring to class.
See you Tuesday!...
Divine Design Starts Next Tuesday!
Sept. 13, 2017, 12:26 p.m.
The Fall Semester of Divine Design will begin on Tuesday, September 12, at 9:30 a.m. at Tallowood Baptist Church. For this first class only, we will all meet in the worship center of the church for a time of worship and prayer and then we will be dismissed to class.
Class will be held in Room 214 of the West Tower.
Hope to see you there!...